Date: 26th April 2017
Venue: Green Point Park
Gates Open: 5pm
Support – Early Hours: 6.45pm
Support – Opposite The Other: 7.30pm
The Lumineers: 9pm
Uber: Collection and drop off will be at the old Athletics Track right off Granger Bay Blvd. Patrons will then walk through the underpass to the Vlei Road entrance to the event. Note that Uber will not be allowed to collect any patrons along Helen Suzman and all Uber vehicles will be directed to the Old Athletics Track parking. See map for more detail.
We recommend using public transport/Uber or metered taxi’s as parking is limited around Green Point Park.
Parking: Limited parking available at the stadium at R100 per car (cash only payable at the entrance) on a first come first serve basis. Available in P3, P5 and P6. Follow traffic, security and signage provided around the stadium precinct.
Disabled Parking: please email [email protected] to book.
Note that security will be ensuring that all disabled parking ticket holders have the relevant paperwork to allow them access to the dedicated parking area.
- Vlei Road between Helen Suzman Blvd and Fritz Sonnenberg road
- Virgin Active Entrance off Helen Suzman Blvd
- Bill Peters Road – Virgin Active and Vehicle Access Passes only
- Bay Road – Traffic Control in place for Residents only
- Fritz Sonnenberg road – Traffic control for event goers only
There is only one entrance point at the corner of Vlei Road and Helen Suzman Blvd. Please ask security for directions if you are unsure.
Dos and Don’ts
Don't forget to bring with you on the day: your tickets, ID (if you have one), a fully charged mobile phone, cash (NO ATMs on site) or a debit/credit card, and appropriate clothes for all weather conditions.
Do make sure you stay hydrated and eat properly before and throughout the concert.
In the event of rain please make sure you dress warmly and bring a rain jacket. Umbrellas are not permitted.
Merchandise will be available to purchase at the venue (cash and credit card).
Computicket Box Office: Will be located by the entrance point.
- Professional cameras or professional recording devices are not permitted.
- Digital, electronic or other recording or broadcast device
- Selfie sticks are NOT allowed.
- Glass bottles or containers or other heavy and/ort sharp objects , which could potentially be used as projectiles (excluding sunglasses, binoculars and prescription or reading glasses)
- Any illegal drugs
- Skateboards, scooters, roller blades or bicycles
- Knives, weapons of any nature
- No fireworks
- Any object that could be used to distract, hinder or interfere with any performer including laser pointers and flashlights
- Flags with poles, large flags or banners that may obstruct the view of other patrons
- Any whistle, horn, musical instrument, loud hailer, public address system
- Any item that you intend to distribute, hawk, sell, offer, expose for sale or display for marketing or promotional purposes
- No animals apart from authorised guide/companion dogs
- Any dangerous goods and any other items by management to be dangerous or capable of causing a public nuisance
- Braais or open fires
- No Chairs (Camping / Deck Chairs included)
- Cooler Boxes
- Food and refreshments (including soft drinks and alcohol). Note that this will be available for sale inside the concert.
Food & Beverages:
Food and beverages will be available to purchase inside the park. However no food/beverages will be allowed into the venue.
Please note no alcohol will be permitted to be brought into the event. There will be bars inside the venue.
Contact Us at the Concert: Please stay in touch with us on social media on the night for any updates or messages on Twitter: @BigConcerts and Facebook: /bigconcerts