- Dave Chappelle
Live Nation Comedy in association with Real Comedy are proud to announce that American stand-up comedian and actor Dave Chappelle will be bringing his brash brand of comedy to the continent for the first time with three shows in South Africa.
- Cape Town on 27 November 2018 at the Grand Arena, GrandWest
- JHB on 5 December 2018 at Teatro at Montecasino - Sold out
- JHB on 6 December 2018 at Teatro at Montecasino - New date added
In 2017, Chappelle celebrated 30 years in comedy by releasing four highly anticipated stand-up specials on Netflix along with a companion double-feature vinyl comedy album. He’s since netted two television Emmy Awards, a Grammy, and Pollstar’s Comedy Tour of The Year Award. Best known for his groundbreaking television sketch comedy program Chappelle’s Show, Chappelle has since established himself as arguably one of the most popular touring comics on the U.S. circuit -- selling out shows within minutes of the announcements. In October, he makes a remarkable appearance in the much-anticipated remake of the film A Star Is Born.
Dave Chappelle is a stand-up comedian and actor whose trademark wit and sharp irreverent social commentary most often explores race, popular culture, sex, drugs, politics and fame. His career started at age 14 when he began performing stand-up comedy at nightclubs while studying Theater Arts in high school in Washington, DC.
In 1991, shortly after graduating from high school, he moved to New York where he was quickly heralded as the next big thing. At 19 years old, Chappelle made his film debut in Robin Hood: Men in Tights. Following a brief stint on the ABC TV series Buddies, Chappelle appeared in a series of breakthrough roles -- The Nutty Professor, You’ve Got Mail, Undercover Brother and the cult flick Half Baked, which he co-wrote with Neal Brennan. In 2000, the comedian recorded his first successful hour-long HBO special, Dave Chappelle: Killin' Them Softly, at the Warner Theater in Washington, DC. The comedian recorded his second comedy special, Dave Chappelle: For What It's Worth, which aired on Showtime in 2004. Chappelle was the mastermind behind the 2003 sketch comedy hit, The Chappelle Show (2003-2006) – one of the highest rated programs on Comedy Central. The show earned three Emmy nominations and went on to become the bestselling TV show in DVD history.
Chappelle -- who continued doing stand-up comedy after Chappelle Show, made a rare appearance in Spike Lee’s film Chi-Raq, a bravura take on gang violence in 2015. He returned to television on November 2016 to hosted an episode of Saturday Night Live, for which he won an Emmy Award as outstanding guest actor in a comedy series. In March 2017 streaming giant Netflix released with two highly anticipated specials, The Art of Spin, and Deep in the Heart of Texas, filmed at the Palladium in Los Angeles, CA and Austin City Limits at the Moody Theater, Austin, Texas respectively. He capped off the year by releasing two additional stand-up specials on Netflix: Equanimity and The Bird Revelations. He recently won an Emmy for Equanimity.
For more tour information visit www.livenation.co.za
Important ticket and phone policy Information
WHERE AND HOW TO GET YOUR TICKETS:
- Tickets can only be purchased from Computicket’s website, outlets and call centre.
- You agree to and are bound by the Ticketing terms & conditions applicable to this event, please click here for more information.
- There is a ticket limit of 4 per person/credit card. We reserve the right to cancel any Tickets purchased in excess of this number.
- Please check if the spending limit of your credit card is sufficient for the value of your purchase and carefully enter the correct details as it appears on your card.
- If your payment fails you will get an email from Computicket and you will have until close of today to reprocess your payment, failing which your booking will be cancelled and the tickets released to the next person in line.
- Please ensure that you add Computicket onto your safe sender list to avoid disappointment and/or check your junk mail folder regularly throughout the day if you don’t receive a confirmation from your bank that your payment has been processed.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and no children under the age of 3 are allowed to attend the event.
- For all disability tickets, please contact Computicket on 0861 915 8000.
- The only authorized ticket seller is Computicket.
- Tickets are not transferable and cannot be resold or offered for resale. Failure to comply with this condition may result in your Tickets being cancelled without a refund.
- Tickets purchased from third party websites and unauthorized resellers are not valid for entry at the venues.
- No cellphones, cameras or recording devices will be allowed at this show.
- Upon arrival, all phones and smart watches will be secured in Yondr pouches that will be unlocked at the end of the show. Guests maintain possession of their phones throughout the night, and if needed, may access their phones at designated Yondr unlocking stations in the lobby. All guests are encouraged to print their tickets in advance to ensure a smooth entry process. Anyone caught with a cellphone in the venue will be immediately ejected. We appreciate your cooperation in creating a phone-free viewing experience.
Cape Town Seating Chart
Johannesburg Seating Chart